The official newsletter of The Ontario Historical Society.
The OHS Bulletin is the official newsletter of The Ontario Historical Society. It is published quarterly, reaching readers in spring, summer, fall, and winter. It is mailed to every OHS member free of charge, and shares information about ongoing issues concerning the Society and Ontario’s heritage sector.
Regular columns in issues of OHS Bulletin:
- President’s Report – A message from OHS President;
- Executive Director’s Report – A report from the Society’s Executive Director;
- Across the Province – Keeping you informed of developments and events across Ontario;
- Museum News – Articles featuring or of interest to museums, produced by the OHS Museums Committee;
- Cemetery News – Articles concerning the Society’s efforts to preserve Ontario’s cemeteries, edited by Marjorie Stuart, email@example.com;
- Events and Exhibits – Featuring heritage exhibits and events across Ontario;
- From the Bookshelf – Recently published books relating to the province’s history, reviewed by Dr. Cynthia Comacchio. Please mail copies to the OHS office;
- Youth Corner – Articles written about or by Ontario’s students;
- Barry Penhale’s Ontario – Exploring unique characters and communities from all across the province;
Become a member of the OHS to receive this newsletter!
Past OHS Bulletins
Past issues of the OHS Bulletin are now available online! Please select an issue to view and/or print. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an issue not displayed below.
Files are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader (free to download). Files linked below are over 2 MB each. If your web browser is having problems displaying them, try right-clicking the link, selecting “Save Link As…” and downloading the PDF.
Advertise in the OHS Bulletin
Affordable advertising space is available in upcoming issues of the OHS Bulletin. View our advertising rates and sizes by following the link on the right.
February Bulletin (prints late-February):
April Bulletin (prints late-April):
Summer Bulletin (prints early to mid-August):
2nd week of July
Reprinting of articles must be accompanied by the acknowledgement: Reprinted from the OHS Bulletin (Issue No. & Date) published by The Ontario Historical Society. All photo credits and bylines must be retained.
Views expressed by contributors and advertisers are not necessarily those of the OHS. The OHS gratefully acknowledges the support of the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.