The official newsletter of The Ontario Historical Society.
The OHS Bulletin is the official newsletter of The Ontario Historical Society. It is published quarterly, reaching readers in spring, summer, fall, and winter. It is mailed to every OHS member free of charge, and shares information about ongoing issues concerning the Society and Ontario’s heritage sector.
Current Issue: September 2023
In This Issue:
- Newboro and Area Heritage Society Host “Heritage Matters” (1)
- OHS to Celebrate 135 Years at 2023 Annual General Meeting (1)
- President’s Report (2)
- Ontario History Autumn 2023 (2)
- Executive Director’s Report (3)
- OHS Visit to the Lost Villages Museum (3)
- Remembering Kirk Howard: 1943-2023 (4)
- Emancipation Day 2023 (4)
- Museum Milestones (5)
- Heritage Apparel Line a Big Hit for the Collingwood Museum (5)
- Barry Penhale’s Ontario: Detective John Wilson Murray & The Blenheim Swamp Murder (6)
- From the Bookshelf (7)
Regular columns in issues of OHS Bulletin:
- President’s Report – A message from OHS President
- Executive Director’s Report – A report from the Society’s Executive Director
- Museum News – Articles featuring or of interest to museums, produced by the OHS Museums Committee
- Cemetery News – Articles concerning the Society’s efforts to preserve Ontario’s cemeteries, edited by Marjorie Stuart, firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the Bookshelf – Recently published books relating to the province’s history, reviewed by Dr. Cynthia Comacchio. Please mail copies to the OHS office
- Barry Penhale’s Ontario – Exploring unique characters and communities from all across the province
For more information about submitting materials (articles, photographs, event listings and books for review), please contact OHS Bulletin Editor and Executive Director Daniel Dishaw at email@example.com.
Become a member of the OHS to receive this newsletter in print and/or by email.
Advertise in the OHS Bulletin
Affordable advertising space is available in upcoming issues of the OHS Bulletin. View our advertising rates and sizes by following the link on the right.
Second Friday in February
Second Friday in June
Second Friday in August
Reprinting of articles must be accompanied by the acknowledgement: Reprinted from the OHS Bulletin (Issue No. & Date) published by The Ontario Historical Society. All photo credits and bylines must be retained.
Views expressed by contributors and advertisers are not necessarily those of the OHS. The OHS gratefully acknowledges the support of the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.