Training sessions done entirely online.
Please check back soon for upcoming webinars.
What is a Webinar?
A webinar is a training session done entirely online. Participants are sent a web link in order to join the webinar, which lets them watch the presentation while listening to the speaker. There is no need to travel – you can join a webinar from the comfort of your own home!
What Kind of Computer is Needed to Participate?
Most modern computers are equipped with the necessary components to participate in our webinars – you can join from your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device! In general, you need to have speakers and a moderately fast internet connection. You do not need a microphone to participate, as you’ll just be listening in rather than speaking!
The Ontario Historical Society holds 4-6 webinars annually, depending on available resources and speakers. Each webinar is carefully prepared to meet the needs of our members, affiliates, and Ontario’s heritage community.
You can also view select clips from past webinars on our YouTube channel here.
Please choose one of the following webinars below:
- Building Stories Friday, September 6, 2013
- Historical Educators Tuesday, September 24, 2013
- @OntarioHistory Thursday, December 5, 2013
- Navigating Grants Ontario Thursday, March 20, 2014
- Breathing Life Into Your Historic Site Thursday, May 29, 2014
- History Educators II Monday, September 29, 2014
- Learning & Teaching Black History in Ontario Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Access… Beyond the Ramp Tuesday, November 25, 2014
- Financial Management for Heritage Organizations Tuesday, February 3, 2015
- The Role of Municipal Heritage Committees Thursday, March 26, 2015
- Ontario Heritage Act Part IV Designations Thursday, April 9, 2015
- Ontario Heritage Act Part V Designations Thursday, April 16, 2015
- Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage Tuesday, May 12, 2015
- Heritage Trees: Preserving our Natural Roots Wednesday, November 18, 2015
- Project Management for Digitization Programs (3 Parts) Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- Strategic Planning Tuesday, June 7, 2016
- Ontario Archaeology 101 Thursday, June 23, 2016
- Technology Planning for Heritage Organizations Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Ontario’s WWI History: 100 Years on at Vimy, Passchendaele and Hill 70 Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- WEBINAR: Communications and Content Creation for Not-For-Profit Historical Organizations Thursday, December 13, 2018