Fridays and Saturdays from October 15 to November 13, and Sunday, October 31.
Registration is required (link is external) and can be completed using the barcodes listed below.
Experience a unique historical tour of the Settler’s Cemetery and the Billings Estate grounds at dusk. Hear true tales of death, burial, and disease from Bytown and Gloucester Township from a knowledgeable interpreter. This 1-hour guided exploration will take you beyond the walls of a typical visit to the museum and offer a glimpse of life and loss in 19th century Ottawa.
- Recommended for ages 16+. The tour discusses difficult subject matter (e.g. disease, violence, death, etc.) and visitor discretion is advised.
- The tour is offered in English. French language tours can be arranged on request (with a minimum of 10 registered participants). Contact the museum for more information: 613-580-2088.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour’s scheduled start time.
- Tours will take place rain or shine. Dress for weather conditions, wear comfortable shoes, and bring bug spray. The route will include uneven and grassy terrain as well as gravel pathways. If you have questions regarding accessibility, contact 613-580-2088.
- Plan for a COVID-wise visit. Tour group sizes have been reduced to allow for physical distancing. Maintain two meters of distance from those who are not a part of your household or social circle. Practice hand hygiene and bring a mask for use indoors or times when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Friday, October 15 – 1603594
Saturday, October 16 – 1603595
Friday, October 22 – 1603596
Saturday, October 23 – 1603597
Friday, October 29 – 1603598
Saturday, October 30 – 1603599
Sunday, October 31 – 1603600
Friday, November 5 – 1603602
Saturday, November 6 – 1603601
Friday, November 12 – 1603604
Saturday, November 13 – 1603603
Cost: $15.25 (includes tax)